More stories

  • fake vaccination cards
    in

    Yes, people are creating and using fake vaccination cards

    People all over the U.S. are creating or buying fake COVID-19 vaccination cards to avoid having to get a vaccine.  About 61% of U.S. adults are fully vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID Data Tracker. But it seems that the other 39% of the population simply aren’t interested, even though […] More

  • Woman with hands on head - COVID Alzheimer's
    in

    Cognitive issues following a COVID infection could increase risk of Alzheimer’s disease

    Amid growing concerns about the long-term effects of COVID-19, new research shows that COVID symptoms can persist long after recovery and potentially lead to cognitive issues. These COVID-related cognitive issues could increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, according to a recent study. As the pandemic has progressed, anecdotal evidence has shown many patients who recover from […] More

  • Will COVID change the way we work?
    in

    Will COVID-19 change the way we work forever?

    As COVID-19 vaccines become more available, society is slowly shifting back to pre-pandemic life. Stay-at-home orders have been lifted, stores are opening back up, children are ready to go back to school, and offices are expecting their employees back at work. This return to normalcy is sparking a question among employees and their bosses: Will COVID-19 […] More

  • colombian covid variant
    in

    Another new variant, this one from Colombia, is spreading inside the U.S.

    A variant of COVID-19 that first originated in Colombia is now spreading in south Florida, and one health official said the Colombian strain has accounted for about 10% of the positive cases being sequenced at the University of Miami’s pathology lab. Carlos Migoya, CEO of Jackson Health System, told Local 10 News in Miami that […] More

  • Children can come down with long COVID too
    in

    Kids can come down with long COVID too

    Most people who survive COVID-19 recover completely. Between 10-30% of COVID patients experience long-term symptoms for four weeks or longer, however, with symptoms sometimes lasting months after infection. This experience is known as “long COVID,” and it turns out children can get it too. Long COVID symptoms can include fatigue, difficulty concentrating, shortness of breath, muscle […] More

  • covid vaccine guillain barre syndrome
    in

    Can the COVID vaccine cause Guillain–Barré syndrome?

    Although the risk appears to be small, the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine seems to be linked to the rare neurological disorder Guillain–Barré syndrome. On July 12, the Food and Drug Administration warned that the vaccine can lead to an increased risk of the condition. The FDA revised the vaccine recipient and vaccination provider fact […] More

  • Military members receiving COVID vaccinations
    in

    U.S. military troops might be forced to get a COVID vaccine

    The Department of Defense is discussing the possibility of forced COVID-19 vaccinations for United States military troops, Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said in a July 6 press briefing.  Kirby said he doesn’t want to “get ahead” of the Food and Drug Administration, since the organization has yet to approve the COVID vaccines as mandatory. U.S. […] More

  • Sinovac COVID vaccine
    in

    What is the Sinovac COVID vaccine?

    Sinovac-CoronaVac is an inactivated COVID-19 vaccine that uses a dead version of the virus to trigger the body’s immune system to create antibodies against the live virus. The vaccine requires two doses and is currently recommended for people aged 18 and above.  The vaccine was developed by Sinovac, a Beijing-based biopharmaceutical company that specifically focuses […] More

Load More
Congratulations. You've reached the end of the internet.