Getting your COVID-19 vaccine just got even sweeter, thanks to Krispy Kreme. In a press release, the doughnut company announced on March 22 that people who present a COVID-19 vaccine card at any Krispy Kreme location in the United States can receive free doughnuts.
“Starting today, guests who show a valid COVID-19 vaccination card at any Krispy Kreme shop in the U.S. can receive a free iconic Original Glazed® doughnut—anytime, any day, even every day—through the remainder of 2021,” the press release said.
So, at the very least, if you’re reading this in late March 2021, you can get 280 free doughnuts through the rest of the year. (And that doesn’t take into account if you decide to hit up more than one franchise in a day.)
Additionally, Krispy Kreme vowed to send free doughnuts to vaccine centers to support healthcare workers and volunteers and to give their employees up to four hours of PTO to get vaccinated.
By mid-March, daily vaccination rates nationwide have reached about 2.6 million a day, with more than 13% of the country fully vaccinated. Based on that rate, the U.S. could get 85% of the population immunized by Nov. 30. The Biden administration has pledged to have enough doses available to vaccinate the entire population by May, and health experts hope to begin immunizing kids by this fall.
Now, Americans just need to make sure they actually sign up for those doses as they become available—and Krispy Kreme wants to entice them with a free treat.
If you’re not able to get vaccinated yet, there are more ways to get free doughnuts. Krispy Kreme launched “Be Sweet Weekends,” which allows customers who purchase any dozen doughnuts an additional “Be Sweet Dozen” to share with a friend or neighbor for $1. The company is also giving one free medium coffee and a free Original Glazed doughnut, no purchase necessary, every Monday, starting March 29 through May 24.
Read more on the coronavirus vaccine:
- Pfizer executives might raise COVID vaccine prices
- One of the leading coronavirus experts is delaying his second dose. Should you?
- How many cigarettes do you need to have smoked to qualify for an early vaccine?
- Do women have worse side effects after they get the COVID vaccine?
- All teachers in U.S. can now get COVID-19 vaccine
- Why are so many military members refusing to take the COVID vaccine?
- Will COVID vaccines be mandatory for you to go on cruises?
- How companies have turned to blockchain to respond to the COVID ‘data crisis’
- How long will the COVID-19 vaccines keep you safe from the coronavirus?
- Can you drink alcohol after getting the coronavirus vaccine?